Data Protection and Privacy Support
Background The 25th May came and went without too much of a fanfare. We are all still doing business and are still alive and kicking. Data protection and privacy laws will remain a high priority for us all though. As the ICO say, it is a ‘journey’. We have provided organisations with much needed support in the run up to the implementation of the GDPR. From May 2017, we delivered training workshops, seminars across the East of England and in-house courses to help organisations with their preparations. So what will happen next? Coming soon… Data protection and privacy are still high on the UK Government and European Union agendas.
- The GDPR and the new Data Protection Act is in force and we will need to be sure that we are compliant from now on
- The proposed new electronic privacy regulation (ePR), which will replace the current PECR, is currently being reviewed. See the revised version dated 4th May 2018 here.
- The HM Government is seeking a legally-binding data protection agreement between the EU and the UK to address various GDPR issues post Brexit including data transfer. See the technical note here.
What are the benefits?
- The reassurance that you are compliant with the regulations
- Avoiding the risk of a sizeable fine
- Keeping yourself and employees up to date
- Saving your organisation from having to draft GDPR compliant documentation
- Advice based upon over 12 years in depth experience of data protection and privacy laws
How can I find out more? For more information on how we can help you to comply with data protection and privacy requirements contact us now…
How can we help?
- The GDPR
We can continue to offer support with the GDPR:
- Bespoke, in-house training for new starters and updates for existing employees
- Advice on any concerns over the meaning and implications for your organisation of compliance with the GDPR, the Data Protection Act (2018) and the PECR
- Drafting or reviewing your privacy policies, data protection agreements, cookie policies and terms and conditions
- Auditing your current status to ensure that you are compliant:
– Identifying any areas for improvement
– Advising on how to address any gaps
- We are providing workshops on ePR in conjunction with Cambridge Marketing College to ensure that you are ready for this regulation when it comes into force. These workshops will include:
2. ePR workshops
- What the current PECR requirements are
- What the changes to the current PECR will be
- How these will impact on electronic communications, including telephone, across your organisation
- How it will need to be applied in conjunction with the GDPR
- Creating an action plan for the steps you need to take to be ready